Wednesday, February 2, 2011

The Battle of the Suitcase


And on the 8th day God created a suitcase big enough for study abroad. Today I went through my closet and picked out all of the clothes, shoes, accessories, etc that I couldn’t live without for six months. Looking at my selection I was happy, actually feeling quite proud of my “minimalist” mindset. Then the great battle began. I did everything to attempt to fit all of my needs into one large suitcase and my carry on. I pushed and rolled and shoved and jumped on my bag trying to force it into submission.  Ultimately, the suitcase won.
I unpacked, edited some more, screamed, cried, repacked, laughed and was finally able to zip my bag, with the help of my Dad.  Clearly there needs to be an airline exception for girls studying abroad. I might meet my future husband and will have absolutely NOTHING to wear; I guess I’ll just have to go shopping. Who knew packing could be such an emotional roller coaster? If only I had Mary Poppins’ carpet bag.
All of the "needs" minus Sammie, she would put me over the weight limit.
 Tomorrow I fly to Paris, au revior!

2 comments:

  1. I packed less for my year in Pittsburgh

    ReplyDelete
  2. How do you think Lou and Nan would feel about me coming to take Sammy for play dates with Zoe and Sophie in your absence??

    ReplyDelete